Sculpting Anatomy // Domestic Cat
Finally I finished the first 6 weeks of Gael Kerchenbaum's Sculpting Anatomy course at CGMA with this piece! It was really cool to work together with Gael and all the other students and also to have the ability to ask questions and to get feedback from such a great Artist like Gael Kerchenbaum (please follow this link and check out his fantastic work - https://www.artstation.com/gaelkerchy). I really looking forward to the next few weeks...
Keyshot 8 testing
Finally I was able to test the newest version of Keyshot! I used one of my older projects to test some of the new features of Keyshot 8... I added some new textures and lighting to the scene and render a few quick shots. For the modeling part I used only Zbrush! The model itself shows Christopher Columbus' Ship ''Santa Maria'' which was his largest Ship and part of his fleet of all in all 3 Ships. The Santa María was probably a medium-sized carrack, about 17.7 m long on deck, and according to Juan Escalante de Mendoza in 1575, Santa Maria was about 100 tons heavy and mainly used as the flagship for the expedition. Santa María had a single deck and three small masts.
More Keyshot 8 testing
Here are some new images of my Keyshot 8 testing session from last night. As I said in my post before, I used one of my older projects to explore some of the new features of Keyshot 8... so for this shots I tryed to test some of the Scattering mediums, such as Fog and also the Flakes options and I think they are really powerful!!! And also many thanks to my friend Christian Grajewski for his help 🙂!!! - The model itself shows Christopher Columbus' Ship ''Santa Maria'' which was his largest Ship and part of his fleet of all in all 3 Ships. The Santa María was probably a medium-sized carrack, about 17.7 m long on deck, and according to Juan Escalante de Mendoza in 1575, Santa Maria was about 100 tons heavy and mainly used as the flagship for the expedition. Santa María had a single deck and three small masts.
Practice // fighting moray eels
Some modeling and texturing practice - two fighting moray eels!
Creature Concept // Oviraptor with textures
So, here're the final Images of my last creature project (here you can find the WIP Images of the project - https://www.artstation.com/artwork/QeB6L). It's only a personal work or rather a personal challenge in terms of anatomy, sculpting, posing, texturing etc.. Sometimes it's very hard to motivate myself for this kind of exercises... but when I finally start working, I can't stop. Hope you like it!
Here's some work which I did for Pierre's ZBrush 2018 workshop (https://www.artstation.com/artwork/JmyqR). I tried to hold it simple and more stylized. As reference, I used a sketch by Alberto Camara (https://www.artstation.com/camarasketch).
Protoceratops // textured version
Here's another project which I started to rework a few day ago... It shows a running Protoceratops which is a genus of sheep-sized (1.8 m long) herbivorous ceratopsian dinosaur, from the Upper Cretaceous Period of what is now Mongolia. The project includes some of the final renders, as well as some WIP Images and Screenshots. Hope you like it!
Sovereign of the Seas // textured version
Here is the next update of my latest project. Before I started with the texturing process, I did a lot of changes on the mesh... I changed his neck area as well as some other body parts to make his silouette more clear and improve the readability of his basic shapes. I also was really unsatisfied with the pose itself, so I changed it more in a way of a swimming lizard. I think now it feels more dynamic and looks more natural...
Toad // texturing practice
Here's a quick texturing exercice which I did last night. I started with some primitives for building up a basemesh. To bring them into form and position I used the GIZMO tool inside of ZBrush. After that, I merged them all together by using dynamesh and started the initial sculpting process. At this stage I was very focused to give some realistic anatomical forms to the model, so (for me) this was the most time consuming part of the modeling process. Now it's time to establish the structure of the skin surface by using some alphas. After I'm happy with the overall feel of the model, I started the texturing process. Well, one of my goals was to use less programms as possible. So, I did the whole modeling and texturing process in ZBrush. For the rendering part I used Keyshot.
Sphere Challenge - ZBrush 2018 testing - Spider
Inspired by Pixologics beta test Sphere Challenge using the new Sculptris Pro mode inside of ZBrush 2018. So, here's my own test of it's new feature...
WIP // aged and weathered missile
Here's just a little hard surface and texturing practise... nothing special and still a WIP! I only used Dynamesh in conjunction with shadowbox as well as clipping brushes and some boolean operations.
Medieval Armor // wip
Here's some new historic project which I started a few days ago. I just began with the armor but it should become a medieval female character, clothed with some kind of a cuirass or classic armor of the late Middle Ages. I try to do it in a realistic style, so nothing crazy. It's still a wip, nothing serious... only a starting point for details and polishing.
Sword - PBR test
Quick morning warmup in Substance Painter - high res/low res - textures 4K - UV unwrapped
Medieval Longsword - hand and a half - Oakeshott XVIIIb
Here's some kind of a preview on my new medieval project. I would like to build a range of historical swords based on Ewart Oakeshott typology of medieval swords and different epochs. Finally I want to share some of this models and put them into a IMM Brush:)
equine anatomy (horse)
Equine Anatomy (Horse)
canine anatomy (dog)
Canine Anatomy (Dog)